Thursday, July 8, 2010

Feel Better Soon

My mom has a dear friend that just got out of surgery. Unfortunately they are not within driving distance and my mom, being the sweet person that she is, wanted to cheer her up. But Mom is in driving distance to her obsessive paper crafting daughter...surely, she has a stock-pile of hand-made "get well" cards, right? Or so one would think...

So, somewhere between this sketch in my head and my Mom's requirement of "fun & witty" to "make someone feel better," I brought out Elly, the Elephant, to play.
Elly was begging to be paper-pieced. Really. So, I had no choice.
Feel Better Soon Card
Stamps: Elly & Friends (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps), Asian Garden (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper: Basic Card Stock - Cream (Recollections), Card Stock Scrap Pack - Light Blue  (Recollections), Embellishment Paper - Cosmopolitan (Making Memories) 
Ink: Earth Elements - Chocolate Chip (SU!), Pigment Ink - Black (Colorbox)
Embellishments: Vintage Buttons - Brown (Papertrey Ink), Hemp Cord (Darice), Sewing Thread - Brown (Sewing Basket), Border Punch - Apron Lace (Fiskars), Spool 'o Ribbon - Brown (Michael's)

Unfortunately, by the time I finished Elly on my blue background, I realized I could not add another layer. So, Elly is at a slight angle. And a fun triple stripe of ribbon to anchor her down and I was pretty much done. Tried to make this as mail-friendly as possible.

5 comments:

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

This is adorable and believe it or not, while I have what seems to be hundreds of cards on hand, the one I need NOW is never to be found. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge and we hope to see you again next week! God bless.

Dana White said...

Funny I rarely have the right card in my stash! What a sweet card thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stop blog

Unknown said...

Oh very sweet! guaranteed to bring a smile!

Ren-Yi said...

Cindy Coutts - Murphy's Law, right? ;) I had fun fun time with the challenge! Thanks for stopping by.

Dana White - Glad to know that i'm not the only carder that has this problem at hand! Thanks for stopping by and organizing the challenge.

Claire Brennan - i hope so too. Mom thought the stripey elephant was too chaotic, almost seizure-inducing. LOL.

dstandard said...

Too cute! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Related Posts with Thumbnails