Friday, October 1, 2010

Let it Snow

The weather has been teasing me to look forward to pumpkins, teas, lattes, apples and many baking adventures on my list. However, the last two days have been so sunny and warm, it seems summer does not want to bid goodbye.

In my desperation I grabbed my Eskimo Kisses out of my paper stash and was determined to ink up my Snow Friends. And while looking at my adorable snowbuddy, it occurred to me that it has been a long while, since I've had the chance to play along with the Sweet Stop Sketch crew.


So here is this week's challenge:


And my wintery card hoping to chase away the sultry, humid and muggy summer weather.

Let It Snow
Stamps: Snow Friends (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Paper: Paper Basics Card Stock - White (Papertrey Ink); Eskimo Kisses (Basic Grey); Botanical Gardens (Martha Stewart)

Ink: Brilliance - Pearlescent Ice Blue (Tsukineko); Pigment Ink - Black (Colorbox)
Embellishments: Stickles - Diamond (Ranger); Softcore Color Pencils (Prismacolor); Winter Song Ribbon - Red (SEI)


Here an up, close and personal look on Frosty's sparkling hat and snowy base.

Let It Snow

Isn't he just delightful? I love how the Stickles add some magic snow and 3D goodness to Frosty's hat. The sentiment was stamped in black pigment ink, and then again with the Brilliance Ice Blue to give it that layered, shaded look.

Let It Snow

The picture shows it just a tad - but it's not prominent. Enough to add some depth, don't you think?

So what Fall season activities are you looking forward?

4 comments:

B said...

Fun shadow effect and yay for stickles! :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Totally adorable! Love the sparkle...it shows very well!

dstandard said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Stephanie said...

How cute is this! Thanks for playing along at The Sweet Stop!

Related Posts with Thumbnails