Friday, April 15, 2011

April Showers, Bring May Flowers...Part 2

Remember this little card from a couple of Mami Doodle challenges ago? It was inspired by the saying "April Showers, Bring May Flowers" But if you look at that card, you'll see the rain theme coming through. I thought it would be fun to create a second card with focus on the flower theme :)

So here is my "Bring May Flowers" card...


Thinking About Ya

Except this week's Mami Doodles Challenge is Kraft. Ooops!  But the beauty with this card is that it is so fast and simple, I just created a kraft one.

Thinking of Ya
Stamps: (Happy Blooms) Mami Doodles; (Frame-It) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Kraft) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - White) Recollections
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No. 3 Chili Powder) Ranger
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor;


I actually adhered the image layer onto the card base but found it too plain. So a quick fix was to distress the edge by using an X-acto knife, a thumb nail, or anything else available. I think it gives is a little more dimension without having to do really do much. What do you think?

Thinking of Ya

Anyways, here is hoping that you feel inspired to play along in our Mami Doodle challenge. Don't forget to use Kraft, or else you will have to make two cards ;) Have a fun weekend!

6 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

What cute cards! I like the distressing around the edges, adds nice texture.

Kelly said...

Such a cute cards.....love the details....stop by my blog, i have couple of awards for you....

IamDerby said...

gorgeous, I especially like the red one.

Trinh said...

Love the coloring of your happy flowers, Ren-Yi! I do like the distressing on the image panel & my fave is the red card base.

Unknown said...

This is soo cute!
Alicia xx

Anonymous said...

Your distressing was a great idea! Your flowers are too cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails