Friday, July 29, 2011

[Mami Doodles] Challenge #31 - Flowers

How is your summer going? Have you checked out the flower tutorial on the Mami Doodles blog? It is the perfect inspiration to get going for our next challenge: Flowers.

I have a cute card to share with you today. When I see the words "flowers" I think girl-inspired. So this card has a lot of pink and a special sneak peek...


Reach for the Sky
Stamps: (The Swing) Mami Doodles; (Up, Up & Away Sentiments) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Sugar Spun) Ranger
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Hibiscus Burst, Dark Chocolate) Papertrey Ink; (Scrap Pack Card Stock - Pink; Basic Card Stock - White) Recollection; (Porcelain) Basic Grey
Embellishments:
 (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Scalloped Sentiment Border) Fiskars; (Satin Swiss Dot Ribbon - Dark Chocolate) Papertrey Ink; (Gelly Roll Metallic Pens) Sakura; 


So what do you think of this darling little digi? It's a sneak peek to next month's promotional item at Mami Doodles. The Swing has a bunch of cute flowers which matches the Porcelain paper so well. And a fun little swiss-dotted ribbon to add to the whimsy.

Reach for the Sky

The Swing digi made me think of my childhood. My favorite playground ride was aways the swing. I'd get on and try to swing as high as possible. On the way up, I'd kick up my legs and try to touch the sky - those bright, blue, serene skies dotted with some white. Do you have any favorite playground memories

Go check out the rest of the DT's inspiration to feel flower power :)  There are some gorgeous cards out there to get your going.

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Friday!

5 comments:

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card, I love pink/green and black and you used them perfectly :)

Cheryl said...

So pretty! I love the colors you used.

Trinh said...

Your card is so sweet and pretty, Ren-Yi!

Jennifer Lo said...

Like the dark choc/polka ribbon and sweet pink colors.Adore the little girl.

Sande said...

Oh, how lovely card. I love pink :)
Thanks also for your kind comment on my blog.

New vintage challenge blog has started on 1st of August It's all about the Vintage. We are offering some yammy blog candy on August. Pop over to check it out!

Hugs, Sande xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails