Thursday, September 1, 2011

[Paperplay Challenge] Week 35 - Make Your Own Flowers

Note: If you are looking for DYSU challenge - please keep scrolling :)

Good day, everyone! Can you believe it is already September? Here is a little update on what I have been up to: I had a grand time in Europe and am finally home. I even manage a short, spontaneous three-day stop through Venice. The architecture and history is amazing! Unfortunately time was limited and the sun was brutal, so I didn't have a chance to see as many museums and churches as I would have liked. However, I did get to enjoy the big typical Venice sights: the food, the famous bridges, the varpettos (water boats), St. Mark's Square (including the Basilica and Doge's Palace). I also spent a lot of time walking through Murano, where the heavenly glass is manufactured, and Burano, known for its small, cute and colorful houses. 

I would love to go back and visit many of the museums that are now on my list :) The rest of my trip was also amazing, since I had a chance to catch up with old and new friends, attend a wedding, and spend some quality family time. 

But let'd get down to business, shall we? Today's Paper Play challenge theme is Make your own flowers. My inspiration for you is a quick and simple card. I apologize for horrible photography in advance, since my usual photo corner is currently not accessible.


Thanks A Bunch
Stamps: (Say It Loud, Dainty Doilies 2) Waltzingmouse Stamps;
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Vintage Cream, Ripe Avocado) Papertrey Ink

Ink: (Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Vintage Cream, Spring Moss) Papertrey Ink
Embellishments: (Prima Flowers - Honeydew) Prima; 
(Designer Brads - Claire) SEI

I had intended to crochet my own flowers, but ran out of time. I decided stacking my many, many leftover flowers counts...I have to learn how to give it more dimension, or stack better. Maybe I should go scout a few tutorials this weekend to watch...if you have any suggestions, feel free to point me into the right direction.

Thanks A Bunch

This doily set from Waltzingmouse is such a darling little small set. I tried to create a "flower" by stamping the doily and then extending the doily with the little add-on. The little add-on is also re-stamped in Vintage Cream on the sentiment to give the sentiment a little bit of an anchor. I think it looks like a lil flower petal, don't you think? This little add-on also makes a great lace border.

Sorry for the quick card. If you need some creative ideas how to create your own flowers, you can check out some of my older cards: crochet flowers are a nice personal touch, or think outside the box with a balloon die... Better yet, go check out what the amazing Paperplay Challenge Design Team has up their sleeves this week :)

Our sponsors this week:

3 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Sounds like a fabulous vacation!
Cute card, can't wait to see he flowers you can crochet!

Trinh said...

So glad you had a great trip, Ren-Yi! I would love to go to Europe one day and check out all of the wonderful museums. Your monochromatic card is so pretty! Love how the flower petals echo the shape in the background stamp.

Pauline said...

Very pretty Ren-Yi, I love the delicate colour scheme, and the doilies look fab!

Related Posts with Thumbnails