Thursday, April 26, 2012

[DYSU] Challenge #69 - CASE the DT

Good morning, everyone! Time for another challenge with DYSU. We are off for a great week here, because this challenge we are asking you to draw your entires based on the inspiration by the Design Team. In other words, CASE a DYSU DT. So bust out your pattern papers, stamps, markers, pencils, embellishments...anything to pull of a fun stripy pattern!


This week I'm showcasing an image from one of my favorite companies called A Day for Daisies. I have been a big fan for a long while, so when they offered to sponsor DYSU again, I'm ecstatic. Tammy's images are truly beautiful, and it is tough just choosing one to work with. This one is actually a freebie of their website, and it's probably 

Birthday Wishes
Stamps: (Two Daisies in a Bottle) A Day for Daisies; (Eat Cake) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Terracotta) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - White) Recollections; (Farmhouse Collection) Crate Paper
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin No. 5 - Chicken Feed) Ranger
Embellishments: (Point 88) Stabilo; (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Vintage Button - Fall Collection) Papertrey Ink; (Border Stickers - Farmhouse Collection) Crate Paper; (Gelly Roll - White) Sakura


I was drawn to this digi probably by my dining table's center piece. These flowers are from Ikea and costs about $1 a piece (I believe). The green bottle is jus a recycled wine bottle and I really liked its hue.

Dining Table's Centerpiece

My card drew inspiration from the orange flowers and decided to give play off the orange. If you haven't already heard I am heads over heels into this orange. It's just so fun! What color can't you get enough of?

I added some faux stitching with my gel pen, gave this flower image a fun sticker border and some buttons to anchor the flower's panel, which is situated on some dimensionals.

Birthday Wishes

Lastly a fitting little sentiment to match the card, and I call it done. Short, sweet, simple...my kind of card :)

Birthday Wishes

So that's all I have for you today; please check out the amazing creations by the talented DT and welcome our guest designers. And I look forward to seeing your creations!

Our sponsors this week:


Little Darlings - $10 Gift Certificate


A Day for Daisies - $16 gift certificate


The Paper Shelter - $20 Gift Certificate

4 comments:

Pauline said...

This is fab Ren Yi, a lovely cheerful blossom in this vase, a very elegant design.

Marcy said...

Beautiful in its simplicity!!

Frances said...

Great job, RenYi, love it!! hugs, Frances.

meine-bastelarena said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love your color choice! I cased that for the DYSU challenge, well just the design of it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails