Thursday, October 25, 2012

[DYSU] Challenge #95 - Embossing


Good morning, DYSU-ers! I've sick and under the weather. I had a great Saturday and then it all went downhill from there. Spend a few days working from my bed and home desk, but there is no rest for the wicked.

Anyways, here at DYSU we're challenging you with Embossing - Heat & Dry. I got a wonderful Robyn's Fetish image. Isn't this teapot just divine?

No Matter What I Have To Do...
Stamps: (Afternoon Tea Sentiments) Waltzingmouse Stamps; (Teapot) Robyn's Fetish
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Memento - Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko; (Jenni Bowlin - No. 4 Lemon Drops) Ranger;
Embellishments: (Vellum) Papertrey Ink; (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (A2 Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Fleur De Lis) Provocraft; (Crochet Trim) Waltzingmouse Stamps; (Nestabilities - Labels Eighteen) Spellbinders


I embossed a piece of vellum by inking up the embossing folder with some Lemon Drops. It gave it  a nice letter press impression. The teapot is colored in some cream for the aged porcelain, and some purple to make it pop. I used a piece of gorgeous lace trim from Waltzingmouse Stamps. Here a close up...

No Matter What I Have To Do...

That's all I have or you now. I'd like to invite you to hop on over to see the amazing creations by the rest of the DYSU team. Please leave them a loving comment, because they do appreciate some blog love :)

On a last note, if you're a regular reader, don't forget to answer the survey in the top right panel and if you want to play along with in the current open QuAC challenge feel free to. Just a few more days left to show our love for Fall season...

This week's sponsor:

* Winner's Choice of 5 Digital Stamps

      Birdie Brown
*Winner's Choice of 3 Digital Stamps

* Winner's Choice of 6 Digital Images

8 comments:

Pauline said...

I love this Ren-Yi, the lace looks like an old fashioned doily! The vellum ebossed background is stunning, this is a truly beautiful creation! I love the vintage vibe from this!

Beverley said...

Hey! FAB card, love the dry embossing, something I rarely do and you have used an ink technique I've never tried - you have inspired me to give it a go! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful creation.

Beverley said...

Forgot to say, sending you get well wishes & I hope you feel better soon. Hugs Bev x

Jessi Fogan said...

I hope you feel better soon! It's practically going around blogland, that cold :) It was a bad one.
Love how you used that folder - I have it & have never used it!

Denise said...

Love this card Ren-Yi. That embossed vellum is beautiful and your teapot is gorgeous.
Hugs
Denise xx

WencheP said...

Love the background on your card. Fits perfectly with the image! So pretty.

Hugs,
Wenche

Unknown said...

it's a beautiful sentiment - you take care of yourself

B said...

The inking + impression is the perfect vintage look!

Related Posts with Thumbnails