Thursday, November 22, 2012

[DYSU] Challenge #99 - Make it Count


Good morning, DYSU-ers! It's that time of the year...Thanksgiving is today and I am making turkey this year for the first time. Pray that I don't burn down the kitchen, the turkey, or the sides ;) We're going over to friends later today to pop this huge 20-lb bird into their oven. Hopefully by now, the turkey has had all the brining and treatment it needs to be a succulent, juice little bird. 

In the meantime, we have a fun challenge for you today. We are asking you to Make it Count, or add a number to your project.

Birthday 35
Stamps: (Birthday Cupcake) The Paper Shelter; (Leica Add On) Studio Calico + Hero Arts
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Cardstock - White) Recollections
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No. 11 Brown Sugar) Ranger
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Point 88) Stabilo; (Glitter Letter Stickers - Bliss) Dear Lizzy + American Crafts; (Signo White) Uniball; (Corrugated Cardstock) recycled stash; (Impression Plate - Linen) Papertrey Ink; (1 1/2" Round Punch) Marvy Uchida


A bunch of friends just had birthdays, and I am running a little behind, as usual. So I printed off this cupcake and knew this was the perfect image for one of my friends. Since he loves chocolate, I thought a nice ode to chocolate would be this little chocolate cupcake. It is colored with a mixed of color pencils and fine point markers.

Birthday 35

I ran the rustic cream card stock through some linen to give it some texture. The corrugated card stock is from my big box of recycled stash (it's a box where I dump things into that I want to use on cards or scrapbooking, which I should raid more often). And even thought I have a huge rule of "no glitter" on boy cards, I made an exception on this one, since I thought it was very befitting...

Birthday 35

I guess I will see if my guy friend protests the glitter ;)

That's all I have or you now. I'd like to invite you to hop on over to see the amazing creations by the rest of the DYSU team. Please leave them a loving comment, because they do appreciate some blog love :)

This week's sponsor:
* Winner's Choice of 4 Images

*$20 gift certificate

*Winner's Choice of 5 Digis

3 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

If he protests the glitter, make him eat it ;) lol
Love that corrugated strip! Such a simple touch but HUGE impact!
Good luck with your turkey - I cooked one for the first time in years for our Thanksgiving, and it turned out perfectly. I wish the very same for you - and Happy Thanksgiving!

Denise said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ren-Yi.
Great ode to chocolate card. Your friend should love it.
Hugs
Denise xx

Pauline said...

This is a fab card for a guy, hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving, and don't eat too much turkey!

Related Posts with Thumbnails