Thursday, October 3, 2013

[Little Tangles] Challenge #22 - Make Your own Pattern Paper


Hi everyone! So after falling very un-ladylike off the bed (I was standing on it to fix something on the ceiling fan) and getting a concussion (ugh...), I am slowly recovering. They say most of the accidents occur at home...yep, I can check that one off. 

Let me just do my public service announcement and tell everyone "Use a step ladder. Don't try to stand on a bed!" Learn from my mistakes, save yourself a concussion and several headaches...

A concussed head is super annoying... still trying to rid my headaches, experiencing these "what was I going to do?" lapses a lot (granted, before I was also forgetting things...), and my visual memory isn't as powerful. Florian and I call my impeccable visual memory my "super power" at home. 

So this special power comes is quite handy and we have been relying on it. He usually goes "Have you seen <insert missing object>?" Ever since we have moved, it's been a nightmare living out of partial boxes and renovating. And things tend to have feet in the house more often. But my super power comes in super handy. Except now, it's broken. Good bye, visual memory.

Good thing visual memory has nothing to do with crafting... my sense of style isn't completely broken. I hope. You be the judge with the quick card I made making my own Pattern Paper. I'm throwing this into the mail for Grayson, and if you don't know what I mean, check out this link.



Please consider making your cards for this little guy, when you partake in our challenge. Also dearest Amy is putting together a inlinkz and is giving away sequins from her personal stash. Go Amy for putting your stash out there.

Shine Bright
Stamps: (Sparkle and Shine) Neat & Tangled
Paper: (Perfect Basics Card Stock - Fresh Linen, Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers) Ranger; (Memento - London Fog, Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Find Your Wings + Fly: Up + Away Decorative Tape) My Mind's Eye


I chose to bring out this fun light bulbs and decided to stamp them alternating. Don't you just love how one bulb just fits so nicely with an inverted on? A little bit of washi to break up the card and a simple sentiment! Yep - that's it!

Shine Bright

That's all I have for you. Go see the other girls' creations. They will stun you too.

Here is the reader's digest version.
  • Challenge ends Oct 13, 2013, 11:59p EST; Check back for the winners
  • Prize is ONE Neat & Tangled Stamp set of your choice to a random player
  • Neat & Tangled stamps are not required on your entry, but we would love to see you use them. If you would like to use some Neat & Tangled products but haven't had a chance to buy any, we have a couple of freebies on the Little Tangles site. Enjoy!
Can't wait to see your creations. We will also have a fun guest post up in the near future. Have a fun day!

    5 comments:

    cm said...

    Poor you! Hope your head is feeling much better and that yes, you listen to and follow your own excellent advice! Concussions really do require plenty of TLC! Your creativity appears in perfect shape: fabulous card!! The light bulb background paired with the Shine Brightly sentiment: perfect for cheering up spirits! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
    c

    June Houck said...

    Ren-Yi this is so creative, fun, and adorable! I am totally inspired by your card. I am so sorry you have been riddled with broken noes, headaches, and a concussion, but it obviously has had no negative effects on your creative mojo!

    ~amy~ said...

    Girl...you were standing on your bed to fix something? Oy...okay, so I probably would have even put a step stool on my bed to reach something. Good grief, my memory is horrible so I can't imagine the side effects of a concussed head...

    So, your card? genius. I love the flip flopping of the bulbs...I'm so casing that. Your choice of colors...perfect. The smidge of washi...brilliant.

    Take care of yourself!!!!

    quilt4fun2 said...

    You still have great design ability. The bulbs are interesting how they fit perfectly...Beautiful job. I hope you recover quickly...Sweet healing thoughts coming your way :D So sorry this happened to you. Thinking I have changed bulbs many times from the bed...easier than moving the bed to put a ladder under...guess I have been lucky and plan to get a ladder next time.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    Charlene B. said...

    Goodness, Ren-Yi! I'm glad you're doing much better. Love, love, love your card! The design and color combo are just fabulous!

    Related Posts with Thumbnails